Covenant House New York is a Community that has many different ways you can support the work that we do.
- Join Our Team - Covenant House New York is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to recruit and retain qualified staff to help fulfill the mission of the agency. To this end, we offer regular training and staff development opportunities. We also offer a management-training program for entry level staff who are interested in making a career at Covenant House.
- Associate and Program Boards – Covenant House New York’s Associate and Program Boards are comprised of dedicated and engaged supporters with a strong desire to help our kids. Their work helps broaden our presence within the community and bring resources and awareness to our work.
- Sleep Out - The Sleep Out movement is an opportunity for all of us to come together and make a meaningful and lasting impact on the homeless young people who live at Covenant House. The funds raised by Sleep Out participants are put to work immediately, keeping the lights on and the doors open for more than 57,000 kids who will seek help this year.
Our kids are changed by every interaction with a caring adult, and their dreams become a little more reachable every time they hear, “you can do it. I believe in you.” The Sleep Out offers every participant the chance to be one of those caring adults.
While the Sleep Out involves placing a piece of cardboard and a sleeping bag in a parking lot or along a strip of sidewalk, it is not about pretending to be homeless. It’s about showing a group of kids the kind of unconditional love that ALL children deserve - proving that you care enough to be uncomfortable for one night, to be vulnerable for their sakes. Take a moment to learn which Sleep Out is right for you.
- Volunteer - Every month, more than 100 volunteers and mentors donate over 3,000 hours of service to Covenant House New York Programs. The support of these individuals and groups enables us to provide comprehensive care to over 3,000 young adults each year. By assisting the professional staff and offering essential services to our young people, volunteers play an important role in Covenant House New York's success.
- Faith Community- Faith Community Volunteers can serve for six months or one year, with the option to recommit for an additional year. During their service commitment, volunteers are assigned to serve 40 hours per week, in 8-10 hour shifts, at one of our Covenant House crisis centers. Most volunteers serve as Resident Advisors, Youth Advisors, or Case Managers on one of our youth residential floors. Volunteers with specialized experience and/or certifications may serve in our medical services, outreach, or pastoral care programs. All Faith Community volunteers serve in direct care with the homeless adolescents at our Covenant House Youth Shelters.
- Pastoral Services- Pastoral Services and Ministry provides refuge and a holistic climate conducive to spiritual awakening and growth in youth and staff. Prayer, counseling and education programs are designed to encourage positive lifestyle changes and to help each person recognize the divine as a reconciling and enabling presence in their lives according to their understanding of the divine.
- Home Team- By joining the Home Team, you can make strides for homeless youth! The Home Team participants take part in endurance events all across the country – and their grueling journey to the finish line helps raise money to support homeless kids in their journey from the streets to self-sufficiency. We offer guaranteed entry for some of the country's premiere endurance events.
- In-Kind Donations- Covenant House New York works to provide basic toiletries, clothing, school supplies, and other items for all of our young people. This list includes:
- Youth Shelter at 41 Street: Shampoo*, conditioner*, toothpaste*, deodorant*, bras*, plain white t-shirts (S, M, L), sweatpants, black pants, leggings, dress shirts, men's belts, men's underwear*, luggage/duffel bags, dress pants, sketchbooks/sketching paper, paint, adult coloring books, canvas, pencils, markers.
- Mother/Child Shelter at 52 Street: Pampers diapers (Size 3-6)*, Flip-flops/slippers, bathrobes, duffel bags, water bottles*, pacifiers*, formula (regular and lactose-free)*, craft supplies and coloring books.
*Starred items must be new and unused.
To learn more about how you can send these donations, contact 212-613-0300x5206, or email email@example.com.